This past weekend The Hubby and I had the wonderful privilege of helping some very special friends celebrate the impending arrival of their first baby at their baby shower. The night before we went over to help set-up for the party and I was asked to bring a dessert. Obviously I love baking (& cooking) but sometimes when I have to bring something for lots to enjoy I seem to take on the challenge a little too seriously and all morning (ok, really almost all day) Saturday was about finding a great brownie to bring.
I baked a total of 5 brownie batches. I would have the The Hubby and the neighbors taste each batch and give their feedback until finally I was happy. I came up with 2 different brownies, one that is a traditional brownie and then a pumpkin cheesecake brownie. The traditional brownie recipe will be featured later this week…today it is all about Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies!!
The original recipe called for not separating out the cheesecake batter to where the brownies had a very orange cheesecake top, and I love that for Halloween but for me I wanted a little more subtle look so I only added pumpkin into half the cheesecake batter and then swirled the two.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 8x8 square pan with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick spray, but I highly recommend parchment paper)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter, sugars & vanilla until light and fluffy
- Add in egg and pumpkin and continue mixing
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and then gradually add them into the wet ingredients until just combined
- In another bowl, either for your stand mixer or one that can be used with a hand mixer, beat together all the cheesecake ingredients, except for the pumpkin.
- Divide cheesecake batter into 2 bowls and add pumpkin to 1/2 of the cheesecake batter
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan
- Pour the cheesecake batter evenly over the brownies, then pour pumpkin batter over the cheesecake batter
- Using a knife swirl the 2 cheesecake batters together to make a "swirly" design
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is set
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then remove (by lifting the parchment paper) and continue to cool completely before cutting
- These brownies are so rich and decadent you only need a bite to be satisfied!! ENJOY!!
- Each square is only 2 WW+ points, for larger brownies (24 squares) each is only 4 WW+ points
- Calories: 89 Total Fat: 4.3 g Saturated Fat: 2.7 g Trans Fat: 0.2 g Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 83.3 mg Total Carbs: 11.4 g Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g Sugars: 8.2 g Protein: 1.9 g
These brownies are very rich and you only need a bite to satisfy all those decadent cravings. ENJOY!!
Happy (half) Baked Day!! MJ